Welcome to the careers information for Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network.
I’m really delighted that you’re wondering what it would be like to work for KSS AHSN. If you think you have the right skills, experience and motivation to contribute to our team, then we would love to hear from you.
We are an ambitious, committed and dynamic team, and have grown from less than 10 staff just eight years ago to around 50 today. Every member of our team has something unique to offer and makes a positive impact for our ICS partners, stakeholders and citizens within Kent, Surrey and Sussex – and beyond. We are now operating within our second five-year licence period with NHS England/NHS Improvement and are currently working towards our third five-year licence period.
Here at KSS AHSN, we have made it our ongoing ambition to become an employer of choice. We are investing in our staff and their future, prioritising their needs and ambitions, and doing all we can to make KSS AHSN the most desired place to work in the region.
Please visit our Career Site to explore whether we have any existing role vacancies you might be interested in applying for. You will also have the opportunity to “connect” with us there too, so if there are no current vacancies matching your search, we can get in touch with you as and when something comes up.
In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck with your job search and look forward to the possibility of working with you in the near future.
Chief Executive Officer
Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network
- A starting rate of 33 days annual leave (pro rata), rising to 35 days after five years
- We offer flexible working and flexible working hours
- We can provide you with a season ticket loan
- Three team away days per year
- We foster talent, offering opportunities to staff to further develop themselves and their career by providing development and shadowing opportunities.
- In addition to those needs identified by individual personal development plans, we offer regular lunchtime ‘light bite’ sessions and ad-hoc workshops and training
- We are committed to the well-being of our staff at work – we listen to their views and seek feedback on how we are doing via an annual staff satisfaction survey. We also offer our staff and their immediate family members with access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- We promote and encourage a good work/home life balance.
- Further details can be found in our key terms of employment.
KSS AHSN has developed a clear vision for the direction of the company. A set of values and behaviours have also been developed and agreed to underpin this vision. Our values and behaviours framework can be found here.
Applicants and employees will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these values and behaviours, which will be assessed through the recruitment, selection and appraisal processes.
It is the desire of KSS AHSN to broaden diversity within our workforce.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensures that all new, existing and prospective employees are treated fairly through the principles of equal treatment and promotion of diversity.
- ensuring that all individuals who come into contact with KSS AHSN, whether as employees, stakeholders or in any other capacity, are treated with dignity and respect;
- ensuring that the opportunities KSS AHSN provides for learning, personal development and employment are made available on a non-discriminatory basis; and
- providing a safe, supportive and welcoming environment for employees, stakeholders, visitors and others.
Along with all 15 AHSNs in the AHSN Network, we are committed to a series of pledges to further support the diversity and innovation agenda.
For further information on how we treat your personal data, we strongly urge you to please review our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy notice for job applicants