If anyone would like a conversation about these, or other competition calls, or would like to discuss how KSS AHSN could collaborate on any of your bids, please contact Rosa Napolitano – Business Development Consultant, KSS AHSN at email@example.com or on 07908 300506.
ERDF money available
Enterprise M3, the Local Enterprise Partnership for the M3 Corridor, has received a notional allocation of £40 million for use in the Enterprise M3 LEP area between 2014-2020 from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
£20 million is available for projects which support Research and development, SME competitiveness and digital growth. Business which are working in digital health and those with ambitions to grow their international sales have a particular appeal.
Assurances are being given that the programme will continue to run beyond the Brexit date (currently anticipated as October 2019).
- ERDF Competition opened on 28 June 2019
- Competition closes 30 September 2019.
Funding is also available for businesses based in the Coast 2 Capital LEP.
UK Research and Innovation Strength in Places
UKRI has launched a two stage competition for UK businesses and publicly funded research organisations to bid as collaborations for between £10 million and £50 million.
The competition is seeking place-based bids which build on existing research and innovation capability, present a credible plan of new research and innovation activities, and will deliver significant positive impact on economic growth and jobs.
Successful collaborations at expression of interest stage will be selected to receive up to £50,000 in ‘seed corn’ funding to develop a full stage proposal, with awards expected in January 2021.
- Competition opens: Monday 3 June 2019
- Competition closes for first stage expressions of interest: Wednesday 9 October 2019 12:00pm.
Innovate UK – Future Leaders Fund
The UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships (FLF) Scheme will reopen this Autumn. The scheme is specifically to develop the leadership potential of an existing employee through a challenge innovation or research project.
The objectives of the scheme is to support UK academia and business to:
- develop, retain, attract and sustain research and innovation talent in the UK
- foster new research and innovation career paths including those at the academic/business and interdisciplinary boundaries, and facilitate movement of people between sectors
- provide sustained funding and resources for the best early career researchers and innovators
- provide long-term, flexible funding to tackle difficult and novel challenges, and support adventurous, ambitious programmes.
£1.2m is available for businesses over four years – longer grants are available for academics. Between 30% – 50% match funding will need to be secured according to organisation type and size.
KSS AHSN is looking to host individuals under this scheme. If you would like to discuss this further or put forward an idea for a potential project please contact us using the details at the top of the page.
- Competition opens October 2019
- Closing date is not yet advertised.