Up to 10 NICE scholarships and 10 NICE fellowships will be awarded this year. Applications are now open and run until 13 November 2020. Both roles are unpaid and undertaken alongside successful candidates’ existing jobs and other responsibilities.
NICE Fellowships are 3-year posts. They are suited to experienced leaders who have strong networks and influence across the health and social care sectors and a passion to improve quality of care. NICE Fellows work to raise the profile of NICE and encourage adoption of high-quality service provision and innovative practices. More information about NICE Fellowships can be found here.
NICE Scholarships are also suited to people who are passionate about improving quality of care. They are 12-month posts, which require the completion of a supported project, related to NICE. Like NICE Fellows, NICE Scholars are ambassadors for NICE and work to support and encourage the development of evidence-based, high quality care and support. More information about NICE scholarships can be found here.
Both programmes offer a number of benefits, including the opportunity to:
- Be an ambassador for NICE
- Support and maintain the connection between ICE and health and social care experts
- Engage with senior staff at NICE and in the health and social care sector
- Develop new ways of working in health and social care
- Be supported through a series of workshops and access to an adviser.